Pierce Brendan Brosnan

Pierce Brendan Brosnan

miércoles, 8 de mayo de 2013

Pierce Speech on 40th Chaplin Award Gala to Barbra Streissand(Ace)




 
PIERCE BROSNAN
One day my agent called to say that Barbra wanted me to be in a movie she was starring in and directing. Now, I naturally assumed it was a musical and that I would sing a duet with her. I was a little stunned when I found out she wanted me to just act. The result: the world had to wait until “Mamma Mia” to find out I could sing.
When I took that job to play Alex in “The Mirror Has Two Faces,” all I really knew about Barbra was that she had a reputation for the two T words: Talented and Temperamental. I quickly discovered that the first T word, Talented, was 100 percent on the mark. As a director she was funny and accessible, quirky and intelligent. She was also connected to every step of the film. So, for me, the second T stands for the word Thorough.
To explain this, we one day had a walk-and-talk scene. Before we began she didn't like the tie I had picked out to wear. I thought, Okay, she's the director. I had no ego about this when it comes to wardrobe, so I went and got another tie. She didn't like that one either. So I went and got another one. She didn't like that one any better than the first one. I realized then that the solution was simple: Let her pick the tie and tell me what to wear and what to do. I'm a married man, so it's something I'm used to.
Since then we have become friends and spent a lot of time together. As I got to know her I could tell she felt bad not having me sing in “The Mirror Has Two Faces.” So to make up for it she invited me over to her place for a screening of “Mamma Mia.” I began to sing—I remember it vividly—she leaned over, put her hand on my knee, patted it gently and she said she was so impressed. She said, Words fail me.
Afterwards when I asked her what she thought she looked me in the eyes and said It was everything I expected and more. When a singer like Barbra says that to you, you are so flattered. And so, what can I say? Words fail me, too. Barbra, you are loved by every man and woman in this theater tonight.
 
 
 




Pierce BrosnanUn día, mi agente me llamó para decirme que Barbra quería que yo estuviera en una película que estaba protagonizando y dirigiendo. Ahora, naturalmente asumí que era un musical y que iba a cantar a dúo con ella. Yo estaba un poco sorprendido cuando me enteré de que ella quería que yo actuara solo. El resultado: el mundo tuvo que esperar hasta  "Mamma Mia" para saber que podía cantar.Cuando tomé ese trabajo a desempeñar Alex en "The Mirror Has Two Faces", todo lo que realmente sabía de Barbra era que tenía la reputación de las dos palabras T: Talentosos y temperamental. Pronto descubrí que la primera palabra T, talentoso, fue de 100 por cien. Como director era divertido y accesible, peculiar e inteligente. También se conecta a cada paso de la película. Así que, para mí, el segundo T significa la palabra Cuidadosamente.Para explicar esto, un día  tuvimos una escena de caminar y hablar. Antes de comenzar dijo que no le gustaba el conjunto que había elegido llevar. Pensé: Bueno, ella es la directora. No tenía responsabilidad sobre esto cuando se trata de vestuario, así que fui y me dieron otro traje. No le gustaba  tampoco. Así que fui y me dieron otro. No le gustaba  más que el primero. Me di cuenta entonces que la solución era simple: Vamos a escoger la corbata y ella me dirá qué ropa usar y qué hacer. Soy un hombre casado, así que es algo  a lo que estoy acostumbrado.Desde entonces nos hemos convertido en amigos y pasamos mucho tiempo juntos. A medida que fui a conociéndola me di cuenta de que se sentía mal por no haberme hecho cantar  en "El amor tiene dos caras." Así que para compensarlo,    me invitó a su casa para una proyección de "Mamma Mia". Empecé a cantar-lo recuerdo vívidamente-se inclinó, puso su mano sobre mi rodilla, la acarició suavemente y me dijo que estaba muy impresionada. Ella dijo: Me faltan las palabras.Después, cuando le pregunté qué pensaba,  ella me miró a los ojos y dijo que era todo lo que esperábamos y mucho más. Cuando un cantante como Barbra te dice eso,  te sientes muy  halagado. Y así, ¿qué puedo decir? Me faltan las palabras, también. Barbra, esta noche, en este teatro, eres amada por todos los hombres y mujeres que aquí estamos.
 
 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario